Saturday

Sad Love Quotes: Lost

Sad Love Quotes: Lost


It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. -Ingrid Bergman

“When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.”

When you feel that all is lost, hold onto your love at any cost.

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sad Love Quotes: Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.

"If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you and may posterity forget that ye were once our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.

Sad Love Quotes: “You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!”

Every time I see you I smile, not because I'm happy to see you, but because I've realized I'm finally going to be alright without you.

"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." - Joseph Addison

Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Lost love quotes: I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

"Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is." - Diane Ackerman